Power Outage & Tornado/Severe Wind
- Remain calm; provide assistance to others if necessary.
- Move cautiously to a lighted area. Exits may be indicated by lighted signs if the emergency power is working.
- Turn off and unplug computers and other voltage sensitive equipment.
- Elevator Safety—During a power outage there may or may not be emergency lighting in the elevator. However, the emergency phones in the elevators should work.
- For information about a prolonged outage, contact Facilities at (435) 797-1947 or (435) 797-3535.
The safest place to be is in an underground shelter or basement. Go to the lowest level in the building. Go into a small interior room or a hallway with no windows.