Skip to main content
- Do not touch or disturb object/package.
- Call USU Police at 797-1939 or 9-1-1.
- Notify your supervisor.
- Be prepared to evacuate.
- See Evacuation Information.
Hazardous Materials Release
- If an emergency or if anyone is in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Move away from the site of the hazard to a safe location. Stay UPWIND of materials.
- Alert others to stay clear of area.
- Notify emergency personnel if you have been exposed.
- You may be told to shelter in-place (see instructions).
Shelter In-Place (Hazardous Material Incident)
- Close and lock all doors leading into your office area.
- Alert others in your office of the order.
- Close all exterior windows.
- Gather all personnel into a central location. Choose a room with none or few windows or vents.
- Do not use the telephone for non-essential purposes (such as contacting the media).
- Do not investigate unusual or suspicious noises outside your office area.
- Remain until the “all clear” is given.